- Tell the Truth
- Act Now
- Set up Citizens’ Assemblies and act on the outcomes of these
XR’s Principles and Values
- we have a shared vision of change Creating a world that is fit for generations to come.
- we set our mission on what is necessary Mobilising 3.5% of the population to achieve system change – using ideas such as “Momentum-driven organising” to achieve this.
- we need a regenerative culture Creating a culture which is healthy, resilient and adaptable.
- we openly challenge ourselves and our toxic system Leaving our comfort zones to take action for change.
- we value reflecting and learning Following a cycle of action, reflection, learning, and planning for more action. Learning from other movements and contexts as well as our own experiences.
- we welcome everyone and every part of everyone Working actively to create safer and more accessible spaces.
- we actively mitigate for power Breaking down hierarchies of power for more equitable participation.
- we avoid blaming and shaming We live in a toxic system, but no one individual is to blame.
- we are a non-violent network Using non-violent strategy and tactics as the most effective way to bring about change.
- we are based on autonomy and decentralisation We collectively create the structures we need to challenge power.